I have a 2 year old at home who loves to bake. We bake nearly every weekend and sometimes even twice! She loves baking things like cookies, cakes and cupcakes. I’m a happy mom as I get to keep my hyper active child busy and the whole family gets to enjoy yummy baked goods after our baking sessions.
My daughter’s favorite thing to bake is peanut butter cookies. It’s really simple to make and all you need are these ingredients:
- 1 packet of digestive biscuits
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter (any brand will do)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of melted salted butter
- 1 cup of cooking chocolate (for the chocolate frosting on top)
Once you’ve gotten all of those prepared, here are the steps:
- Blend the digestive cookies in a food blender
- Add in the sugar, peanut butter and salted butter. Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Scoop out little spoonfuls and place them in a container to chill in the fridge
- Once chilled for 2 hours, you can take them out and spread the chocolate on top
That’s it! Simple isn’t it? You can get your toddler to help out with the scooping and the decorating. However, please be careful when operating the blender as we surely do not want our little ones to get hurt do we? Have fun and good luck!